Thursday, July 8, 2010

Heavy suitcase/heart: Update

Saw some friends for the last time yesterday and today.
My heart is double-broken now and Sunday isn't even here yet.
Bought some new books to fill the ever-widening void in my (espresso-black) soul.
I know I wasn't s'posed to do that but they are really mini, and I think I might take Coopak Shakur's advice (see comments) and send them by boat. 
I bought the pocket-sized Alles ist erleuchtet and Der Junge in gestrieften Pajama. True, I could read these books at home in my native tongue, but I would rather read them in German. I could stuff them in my pockets and they won't make my suitcase any heavier. Yeah.
(Built-in bonus: if someone spanks me I won't feel it!)
Said goodbye to Martin today and he gave me a cute scarf with the colors of the German flag. He is such a  model person.  I like him.
It gave me a sick feeling to see him go.
Will be gone from Erfurt indefinitely in 24 hours. I still haven't realized it. 
Not close to done packing, oops.
The weather couldn't be any geiler, but my head is a gathering stormcloud and I am raining on the inside. 
The Erfurter Sprachschule owes me 710 Euro. Should I be worried? Maybe I will call and nerve them.
Last night Germany got creamed by the Spanish. Erfurt took it personally. Tears were shed. Looks like they won't be Weltmeister this year.
I am spending my evening in Erfurt with Mirjam and friends in the Dubliner, the same little pub where I spent my first evening in Erfurt. I will be an emotional wreck and I really hope Micha still likes me after witnessing my emotional wreckage. 
 I am seriously a little worried about that. Okay, more like a lottle.

Oh, dear. Vergiss mich nicht!



No comments:

Post a Comment