Sunday, June 6, 2010

Latest news

Oh Em Gee, I interviewed the mayor of Erfurt yesterday, Andreas Bausewein, at the Finale der Spirit of Football Strassenfussballmeisterschaft zur Lange Nacht des Sports im Rahmen der Arena der Zukunft, or Street Soccer Finale in English. Sven introduced me as "unsere internationale Reporterin." I'd love to show you the video when it's ready.  Hilarious.

On Thursday, Marcus from Todo Aleman came to town and interviewed me briefly about the differences between eastern and western Germany from the perspective of an American exchange student, for a film to be shown to American highschoolers considering studying in Germany. Apparently, every year they make such a film with a different topic (music, sports, etc.) and this year, as it is 20 years after German reunification, well, the topic is German reunification. Will share that film here too, if I get my hands on it.

Erich sent me a nonsensical email  ("delirious and no makey sensey means two times the fun to read-y for yous mistah"). I think that boy gets an average of two hours' sleep per night. He lives in Potsdam but works in Berlin, only coming home between the hours of 1 and 8 a.m., when his ghastly host family is asleep.

Two more days until Berlin. 

19 days until Dresden.

38 days until NYC.

??? days until home in California.

I ♥ M.D.



No comments:

Post a Comment