Sunday, June 20, 2010

FOM (Friend of Mirjam)

Mirjam having The Mirjam Experience (good music + good beer + intellectual conversation)

How is it possible to not have mentioned Mirjam in six months of blogging?

Mirjam is my tandem partner turned partner in crime and one of my favorite people in Erfurt. She is also one of the few English-speaking Germans who actually respects my wishes to speak in German most of the time. As a result, I learn some completely bizarre German word or expression every time we go out together. (And we do love to go out. In addition to the many other linguistic oddities I have picked up, I think I must have learned at least ten different ways to say "tipsy.")

Mirjam, in addition to being the most positive and dance-happy person I have ever met, is also amazingly well-informed. She seems to know about every single concert, reading, show, festival, dance party, film showing or other cultural event in Erfurt, no matter how obscure, and also seems to be on a mission to attend every single one of these events, where she inevitably knows everyone. All one needs to do as Friend of Mirjam is tag along for the ride...




No comments:

Post a Comment