Sunday, September 12, 2010

...just the Spill

Back in New York, I accidentally poured coffee on my new vintage* pants, and an idea was born. When I yelped in double unhappiness (stain + hot coffee on self), Rochelle asked, "What's wrong?" And I grumbled, "Nothing, just the &^$%?!ing daily spill." Something about that resonated with me. The Daily Spill. The Daily Spill, with your host, Anna Weltner. I commented that it would make a good blog name. I had just moved back from Germany and I was thinking of changing up my blog anyway to reflect the changes I was experiencing.

I kept this in mind, but soon got distracted with work, house-hunting, writing, and school. But now I am on top of everything again, and my life is taking yet another turn with my new Arts Editor gig, so the time is right! But I can't be the daily spill because then you guys would have to read my scribbles every day, and what's worse, I'd have to scribble them every day! So I am just the Spill. Welcome to the Spill! Now back to you in the studio.


Author's notes:

  1. 'New vintage' is not an oxymoron, it refers to the newly acquired vintage slacks I spilled on. 
  2. The stain came out in the wash. 

1 comment: