Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Eviction party!

Back to square one!! Anyone want to rent to a hard-working, book-reading, fridge-cleaning, VCR-rewinding, gin-drinking writer/insomniac/German enthusiast with excellently bad taste? Here I am.

Yep, it's official. I was just nicely asked to leave, to accommodate landlady's niece with boyfriend "drama." So much for putting down roots, so much for decorating, cleaning the fridge, acquiring household investment pieces, so much for picking out succulents. So much for the effort that went into looking for a home, the endless meeting of people and being nice, so much for moving my cheap folding furniture in a Radio Flyer wagon and having everyone honk at me. I'm back on the mean streets. So if you have a hot housing tip, let me know.

P.S. !!!***Act now and I will throw in some FREE espresso snobbery at no extra charge***!!! AMAZING OFFER WON'T LAST CALL NOW

...Or have I been reading too many Craigslist postings lately?

2 comments:

  1. Are you fucking serious??! How can she do such a thing, after you've rented the place? Godsdammit.
    Come up here some weekend soon and drink gin with me as I cry over my thesis terrors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Coop! Well, legally I have a month to move out, but since most places become available on the 1st (and I have visitors flying in soon) I essentially have 2 weeks to look...

    ReplyDelete