Monday, May 31, 2010

Young Procrastinators, part II

I finally banged out my 2009-2010 Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professional Final Report and turned it in. I am now concentrating my powers of procrastination on my delayed "sub-Saharan Africa" issue of the newsletter I am currently (supposed to be) working on for Spirit of Football. Oh man, I get really, really bogged down when I work by myself. The text is almost complete; I just need to flesh out the part about The Ball in Benin (where it received a benediction from the Pope of voodoo). Then I have to format it and pick out the pictures, which sometimes takes me more time than the actual writing of the newsletter. I don't wanna...

The following things are keeping my spirits from dragging through the mud:
  1. Being interviewed this Thursday about my experiences in western vs. eastern Germany for a film about the 20th anniversary of German unification.
  2. Berlin trip next week with the CBYX Young Procrastinators, complete with visit to Bundestag
  3. Upcoming trip to Dresden with Someone, complete with sleeping in a room with Trabant as a bed to get the Ossi experience. Perhaps we can even play games of hide and go seek and instead of taking turns being "it" we can take turns being "Stasi" view some classic archetecture from the Baroque, Romantic, Renaissance and neo-Renaissance periods. 
With this in mind, who could concentrate on work, I ask you? All right, back to biz for real this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment