Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I don't deserve you

Yesterday morning just before 9 o'clock, Micha came by to see me after my extremely long weekend away, and do you know what? I was still asleep. In such a deep sleep was I that I did not hear him call, or ring the doorbell, and had slept through my alarm, which was set for 8. Micha said he waited outside my apartment building for 15 minutes, hoping I would awake and let him in, seeing as he had brought breakfast by from the bakery, and I hadn't seen him in almost a week. But, I most shamefully admit, I slept through everything! Eventually he went back to his house and had breakfast by himself.

Two hours later, as if rising from the dead, I woke up and realized I'd missed him. I felt so terrible I could hardly concentrate all day.  I baked cupcakes and brought them over that evening to say I was sorry. Micha, amazingly enough, didn't seem to be bothered, shrugging, "That's okay, it was nice weather. I watched the garbage collectors while I was waiting outside your house."

He is kind of ridiculous sometimes.

Then he added, in an offhand way, that he had gotten me a present over the weekend, just because. It was a bottle of perfume, the amazing soundtrack to Berlin Calling ("I don't know if it's your kind of music...") and...a hair appointment for tomorrow.

(Have I mentioned that I haven't cut my hair in 10 months and it is kind of out of control? For some reason I dreaded going to the Friseur in Germany, afraid of what They might do. Well, now I have an appointment and I have to go.)

I suppose he wants to tidy me up a bit.


Before I meet his mother this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment